Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Victory Brewing Company's Yakima Twilight

Victory Brewing Company always makes delicious beverages that make my taste buds dance. So, when I cracked open my first Yakima Twilight and it was freaking delicious, I was hardly surprised as the familiar flavors of bliss and satisfaction caused a smile to tickle across my face.

My Rating: 92

Alcohol Content: 8.70%

Price: $12/6

Yakima Twilight pours a lovely, dark amber color and has a finger's width tan head. The aroma from the pour is rather sweet and malty, but also, there is a very sharp, citrus punch from the hops. The hops that are used in this delicious brew are native to the Yakima Valley of Washington. I don't know what's going on over yonder in that there western valley, but gosh darn, the hops in this beer are divine! The beer itself smells as if it should sip pretty crisply, but it actually is rather sweet and almost malty. This mix of odor and taste causes an awesome sensory explosion which is crisp and sweet and mostly importantly, delicious. This beer sips very easily and is not super heavy so is great for an evening of brews. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Kasey!!! I discover your blog and what do you know, you're talking about Yakima haha. Yakima actually produces 75% of the nation's hops and most of the warehouses where they package it and everything are within 5 minutes of my house so walking down the street is like inhaling an IPA :)
    Anyways, how the heck are you? we should catch up on another venue besides blog comments haha

    ReplyDelete